You are invited to join this photography field trip as we explore the structures, patterns and architecture of the financial district. I have designed a waking tour that will give you the opportunity to photograph contemporary buildings and historic landmarks, big scenes and small details. Who knows what you will find. This area is perfect for creating dramatic black and white images.
We will be focusing on black and white photography for this program.
• Composing an image with wide range of values.
• Introduction to the zone technique used by Ansel Adams
• Using light and shadow for dramatic impact
• Creating a sense of depth in your images
• Working with visual balance and dynamic tension
WE are going in the late afternoon so we will have nice long shadows.
We will meet at the Intercontinental Hotel for the brief lecture and then head across the street to start our shoot. We will end up near Quincy Market.